The Return of The Perang Cemen

     At 2019 when I was debuging PCI(Devil Boy Quest), I realize that my HDD(Hard Disk/Memory/Flie Storage or whatever you call it) has reach it's limit of it's life span by making beeping sound sometimes and yes... a random freeze happening often, before changing the HDD I need to backup my files(Mostly my Project Raw Resource and other files too) but there's the problem... the size is d*mn big it's not just 10 or 20 GB, it's roughly 0.7 TB or around that, while the most of sites(I know like Mega) limit is 20-30 GB or around that, and it's pain in the neck to make multiple account so I search around where I can put my data(the whole as one), after asking around my friend told me to check nopy, and so... I put my files there.

    For a few weeks I'm going AWOL, until my new HDD come, when it's come I was not there to take it because a certain family member of mine(from my father) finally rest in peace(I'm dead serious about this), after that I don't really remember but lot's thing happen, after few months I ordered another one and install it, no it's not done yet because I need to install other stuff like OS, drivers, etc.

     After wandering(Looking around my pal who has a certain CD with software I need, sorry for being cheap :p but that's my life) for a few weeks I'm all set to continue where I was left off, and that's happen... a certain virus plague humanity even so the country I lived in are not really care about it for the time being until it get worse(It's honest opinion of mine, I hope my country not gona murder me for this). Roughly at early of 2020 when I was in middle of making Final Battle Scene, the gov. begin to care and close shops, malls, and forbid people to come out unless it's urgent by force.

     What happen next? It's obvious, shops are forced to closed so there is no income, as a result I had no choice but to put my stuffs(include my PC) at pawn shop, I backup my files again at nopy then format my HDD before put it at pawn shop, after things calm down a little when they(dunno who) found the Vaccine, and I got my PC back I want to get my data but... it's seems there are problem with the server, after waiting(trying to download) for 1 month, to be certain at Jan 2021, I decide to make a demo first by downloading old demo and greatly update it based on the version I was working on since I couldn't download my main project.

After few months the hosting site where I backuped my data state that they were CLOSING their service for reasons(Unable to pay server bills or whatever it is) and so I was planning to abadon everything about being game dev after all my projects just gone...

~Beyond the Madness~
This despair are nothing to me, after all... I have been there ever since I make my first game with RM2K3 where no people from my country would look at(it's not english after all), I have been trying over and over yet the result is still same, then what the point of giving up then? I don't know what about the future nor I know how long I'll live but I know one thing that's I'll keep doing what I want to do as long as I able to do it.

Yep... I started what I had finished I guess...
And redo that all over again...

Lastly...
Buy my games multiple times so I can buy myself a better PC and of course lots of HDD, anyway thanks for your time to read this mumble of mine, guehehehe, I'm sorry I likely had gone crazy for sure.

~List of My Project that's gone~
The project that I'm currently working (1 PC I remake)
Canceled due to bugs (1 PC II)
Finished Game but still need few debugs(3)
Finished Game non English (16 PC I, III~VIII, the rest are either mini game or spin off from the main story)
Hiatus Project (4)
Abadoned (6)

*Whenever I look at the sky... I scream... RETRUN MY DATA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment